“Gilgamesh” means two things to us at Team Midway. Firstly, it refers to the Live-Action Roleplaying (LARP) system we’ve been working on for the past few months. Secondly it refers to the first game we’ll be running using this system, also called “Gilgamesh.”
We are running games that feature:
- “Costume Preferred but not essential” with certain character concepts forced to wear at least facepaint.
- Formalised mass-combat / ship-to-ship combat board game with a LARP feel.
- What-You-See-Is-What-You-Get combat using NERF guns.
- A lot more background than your average con LARP – we are now offering a rulebook/worldbook for sale at a nominal price (while keeping all of the content of it online if you’d rather print it out yourself or load it onto your tablet or whatever.)
- Player-led character creation in preference to being handed a character to play.
- A novel approach to skills and skill use using laminated cards.